Luxor Over Day By Air with Sharmers
Luxor also known as the open air museum located in the southern region of Egypt, luxor is considered the depository of the word third most valuable monuments and antiquities thus it’s one of the planet’s most important sites,enjoy a visit to the west bank aka (city of dead), Hatshepsut temple, the colossi of Memnon, Karnak temple (the largest in Egypt) and the most wonderful valley ever in Egypt the valley of the kings. Enjoy your lunch in one of the best 4 stars restaurants in Luxor, and shop for valuable gifts.
- Pick up once your trip is confirmed you will receive the confirmation email with the excursion details and pick time and spot ( usually around 5:00 AM depends on your hotel’s location ) you will be picked up from your hotel to Sharm El Sheikh airport, our representative will guide you in the departure hall on what to do and where to go.
- Fly to Luxor arrival estimated time is around 7:00 Am your English speaking guide will be waiting for you with an obvious board of our Sign.
- Arrive to Luxor in the airport you’ll be met with our English speaking guide, all of our guides are pre-informed with the travelers details names & hotels, all you have to do is to spot the Sharmers sign, and we will take it from there .
- West Bank Visit your guide will take you straight to the West bank of Luxor which was known in the ancient time as the city of the dead, it’s an archaeological paradise with it’s rich string of Pharaonic temples and considered a gateway to valley of the king, you will enjoy the real Upper (southern) Egypt, discover death and rebirth from an ancient Egyptian mythology window and with the eye & protection of Anubis.
- Valley of the Kings you’ll be accompanied to the valley of the kings, it’s consists of two valleys, East Valley (where the majority of the royal tombs and temples constructed ) and West Valley, valley of the kings contains almost 65 tombs and chambers, the place was suppose to be a burial of the major royal kings of the Egyptian new dynasty era, Your visit includes entry into 3 tombs, however if you wish to see either the tomb of Tutankhamun or Ramses 6, there is an additional ticket cost.
- Temple of Hatshepsut Then we*ll move to Hatshepsut temple (meaning Foremost of Noble Ladies), Queen Hatshepsut was the fifth pharaoh of the eighteenth dynasty of Ancient Egypt she is a daughter of king Thutmose the First, she established the world first trade network, Her temple is considered one of the most important temples of the ancient time.
- The Colossi of Memnon Before lunch, you’ll visit the colossi of Memnon, which are two massive stone statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep The third. For the past 3400 years (since 1350 BC) they have stood in the Theban necropolis, across the River Nile as a guardian of the entrance to Amenhotep’s memorial temple, The statues are made from blocks of quartzite stone, there is a strange phenomenon at this site known as Vocal Memnon a mysterious vocalisations and sounds of the broken colossus are allegedly heard in the morning time, after sending our team to investigate the phenomena their theory suggest that it’s the sun somehow messing out with the pressure of the Huge statues and due to the heavy wight the statues emit a very strange noises !! this has long been an argument between archaeologists but no one knows for sure what’s going on.
- Lunch will come right on time our guide will escort the group to hea a 4 stars restaurant to have lunch and get some rest for what’s a head.
- Temple of Karnak the complex was dedicated to the king Amun Ra and was the center of his worship and of his wife Mut and their son Khons, and around 30 Kings added their own touches to the complex which took very long to be fully completed, but it’s HUGE covering a site of almost a mile by two miles in the area there are more that 20 temples, what’s special about the karnak complex is that it includes several of the finest examples of ancient Egyptian design and architecture and among them are the Hypostyle Hall one of the world’s great architectural achievements of all time, it also contains Temple of Amun a spectacular forest of giant papyrus-shaped columns.
- Shopping at the end of the day you will spend almost one hour to shop for Egyptian antiques, and if you’re not into shopping you can take some picture around the place , have a free time , wait in the coach or pretty much or do anything you desire.
- Fly Back To Sharm our guide will escort the group to the airport and once you arrive to Sharm El Sheikh you’ll be picked up by our representative back to your hotel.
- Air conditioned transportation every where in Luxor and Sharm El Sheikh.
- 2 Ways flight tickets SSH-LUX & LUX-SSH.
- All entrance fees to all the touristic places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Free bottled water in Luxor the whole day.
- Visas ( if you haven’t already got your visa we can help you on the day of your excursion free of charge but you will have to pay for it almost 15 $ )
- Drinks in the restaurant.
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary.
Things You Should Take
- Sun glasses.
- Sun blockers ( if you have any sun conditions in the summer ).
- Comfy shoes ( trainers would be perfect for this excursion ).
- White outfits Recommended.
- Breakfast box (free of charge in most of the hotels in Sharm El Sheikh ).
- Extra cash ( in case of buying some souvenirs or gifts for your friends or family, Egyptian pounds are more recommended).
- Wheelchair (if over-aged or if having walking difficulties) .
- Adult / 145 GBP
- Child / 135 GBP (12 years old not older ).
Timing & Duration
- Pickup : around 5:00 Am ( Depending on your hotel location in sharm ).
- Drop Off : Around 9:00 Pm.
- Duration : 16 Hours.